Monday 3 December 2012

Making the World Go Round


One secret I know that opens the door of success more than other success principles is the ability to make the world go round.
If you can make the world go round, everything including the good, the bad and the ugly will be made to work for your progress, promotion and prosperity.
You need to read this article thoughtfully and meditatively to enable you grasp this uncommon principle for success. This article is a bit lengthy. If you can’t read it online, then save it in your computer and read it offline.
Now, you need to understand what it means to make the world go round because if you don’t, you may be missing great opportunities.
 Sometime ago, I was discussing with a colleague and friend of mine who told me of the practical experience she has in a relevant field. Apart from telling me of her experiences, I am also a living witness to the vast knowledge and experience she has in the niche.
One day, I spoke with her, inviting her to add more quality and value to one of my blogs by writing and sharing her knowledge and experience on my blog.
To this loving and gregarious lady, I said: “I envy you, having such a vast knowledge and experience. I wish I were you so that I could bring the knowledge and experience to bear in one of my blogs.
“Now, I invite you to be my Associate Writer so that you will handle this niche on my blog and you will be writing original and quality articles with your name on the articles as the writer. I know you have a lot to share with my readers.”
But my colleague and friend replied: “What do I stand to gain from it? Are people paying you for those articles you are writing and posting on your blog?”
“Well,” I replied, “People are not actually paying me for the articles I have been posting on my blog. This is because, in the first place, I did not set up my blog to sell my articles therein. I set up my blog for the purpose of sharing my knowledge and experience -free of charge.
“I have passion for empowering people with my knowledge and experience. So, when someone visits my blog, read my articles therein and gives me a feedback that the articles have helped to bring positive change in his life, I feel happy and fulfilled.
“Moreover,” I concluded, “one stands to gain on the long run, for instance:
“1. One can package one’s articles in a book and sell it. If the articles are original, relevant and offer genuine value or help to solve problems, people would buy your book like hot cakes.
“2. Your articles will brand you as an expert or authority. And as an authority, you will become a sought after professional. People will consult you and will be begging to pay a high fee for your services.
“3. Also, as an authority, people will invite you to deliver lecture or speech in respect of your area of expertise. This means more money coming into your bank account. All these are some of the gains one gets from sharing one’s knowledge, experience, talent and skill.”
Dear reader, the point I am making is that our success in life is rooted in our ability to make the world go round, by loving and sharing everything we have so that others can benefit from our sharing.
Love, they say, makes the world go round. Love that translates to sharing what we have is what makes the world go round. And to make the world go round, we must stop focusing on the immediate benefit we stand to get from the meaningful contribution we make in people’s lives.
In fact, there may not be immediate benefit when we try to make the world go round. We should rather focus on adding greater value to people’s lives. It is when we do this that we will enjoy the long-term benefits.
Internet History
When you consider the success story of many establishments, you will equally agree with me that the desire to help solve particular human problems through sharing of solutions, is responsible for the success of those establishments.
Internet, for instance, is one great example. When Internet was launched many years ago, it began as ARPANET. ARPANET was instituted for the purpose of sharing vital information that would foster world peace.
By then, the ICT experts involved never had the faintest idea that what they were doing to make the world go round will become a commercialized venture that would be bringing much more benefits to the entire world.  
There is a great lesson to learn here: Internet was not originally launched for the purpose of bringing financial prosperity. It was launched for the purpose of sharing information and communication, but today, Internet has become one of the greatest assets of mankind.
Dear reader, whenever you are starting something worthwhile to make the world go round, don’t abandon it because of absence of immediate benefit.
 The project may not yield any dividend now. The project may even be draining your pocket now. Don’t be discouraged. As long as people are benefiting from your project, money making opportunities will be opened for you in the future.
Exploring the Love that Turns the World
One great mistake we all make is that we often think that by holding tenaciously to what we have, we become richer and better. But that is wrong.
Everything God gives us is not meant for our benefit alone. God expects us to share with others what He gives to us. Love, culminating in sharing, makes the world go round and everybody benefits from it on the long run.
You have nothing to lose for sharing what you have; rather, you stand to gain on the long run.
Imagine a world where everyone keeps what everyone has! A world devoid of love and sharing is devoid of every good thing.
Don’t be too tight-fisted (stingy). Stinginess can prevent you from seeing great opportunities ahead. Never hoard or hide good things from people. Even if you don’t want to give it away free, you can package and sell it.
Really, I don’t think it is proper for one to die with one’s knowledge and experience buried with one. There are people out there craving for empowerment. And knowledge is what they need to empower themselves. If they can find the knowledge and experience they are looking for, they would be happy to even pay high price to get them.
The world will become a better place when you make it go round by sharing your knowledge, experience and anything you have. Don’t die with your knowledge and experience. Seek to leave a legacy. Share anything you have. Don’t be afraid of sharing what you have. You have nothing to lose. Rather, you have a lot to gain.
I set up a free blog for someone sometime ago. A website designer came to me quietly and said: “Look, you don’t know what you are losing. Do you know you can charge N50,000 for that blog you designed for that person?”
I replied, “Yes, I know I could charge that amount. But designing a free blog for someone cannot make me to suffer any loss in any way. Rather, it opens doors of opportunities for me. The person I designed this blog for may become my advertiser in future and thus brings me prospects.”
Although my reply sounded foolish to this website designer, I still hold unto the fact that it is when you give or share what you have that doors of opportunities will start opening for you.
The problem with us is what I call “misplacement of priority.” We are after what we can benefit, especially in the short-term, without considering the interest of others.
There is a saying, “He who serves never lack.” DOORS OF OPPORTUNITIES WILL START OPENING FOR YOU THE MOMENT YOU ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO HELP SOMEONE UP FROM THE GROUNDFLOOR.
WHAT WILL HELP YOU GET TO THE MOUNTAINTOP IS YOUR ABILITY TO HELP SOMEONE GET TO THE MOUNTAINTOP. When you lift people up, you are also lifting yourself up.
Successful entrepreneur, Ray Kroc, said: “The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed.” There is no way you make the world go round that you don’t benefit in return. Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COMPENSATION OF LIFE THAT NO MAN CAN SINCERELY TRY TO HELP ANOTHER WITHOUT HELPING HIMSELF.”
Shun any idea that tells you that you are losing when you devote your life to helping humanity. Such idea will not increase. ANY IDEA OF YOURS THAT DOES NOT TAKE THE INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE INTO CONSIDERATION WILL CLOSE DOORS OF OPPORTUNITIES BEFORE YOU.
Why am I trying to over flog this issue of MAKING THE WORLD GO ROUND? It is because I know it works and I believe it will work for you or any person who takes the “pain” (not “pain” but pleasure) to practice this principle.
It is not possible to add value to people’s lives without benefiting from your effort. I have observed many a time how NGOs (Non Governmental Organisations) were set up by people who had nothing but only the passion to add meaning to the lives of less privileged people.
All they had was love for humanity. Propelled by this love, they moved forward. Later, the resources they needed to keep moving their NGOs forward started coming from unexpected quarters.
As they continued with their charity and humanitarian work, their own lives turned around for the better. No wonder, Zig Ziglar, the master motivator said: “The best way to solve your own problem is to help enough other people to solve their own.”
ANYTHING THAT WILL BENEFIT MANKING IS BOUND TO BRING FORTUNE TO THE PERSON INITIATING IT.
If you have an idea that will benefit humanity, don’t hide it; seek to develop and share it. The fact that people are there to benefit from the value you are adding to their lives should motivate you to share your idea and make the world go round.
THE KEY TO MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN IS LOVE. WHEN THERE IS LOVE, THERE WILL BE WILLINGNESS TO SHARE WHAT WILL BENEFIT HUMANITY.
ANYTHING THAT WILL BENEFIT MANKIND IS BOUND TO BRING FORTUNE TO THE PERSON INITIATING IT. Like the Internet, it is when you start sharing what you have that money making opportunities will start opening for you.
You may not see money coming out of your venture at the moment. You may look like a fool when you start doing something to make the world go round. But let me assure you: if your idea or what you are sharing is relevant to mankind, if you can help improve the lot of people, then you can make a fortune from it on the long run.
Dear reader, the moment you find something beneficial to share with humanity, you have discovered your goldmine. All you need do to start making a fortune from your goldmine is to explore it and add value to your “gold” by refining it. Polish your gold. Remove the dross that is covering its luster. Package it well and start sharing it.
If you don’t give up, a time will come when those who appreciate the glitter of your gold will pay a high premium for it.
It is only victors that make the world go round. Go and make the world go round by sharing anything you have that will benefit humanity and you will be victorious now and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment